Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Beach barbeque plea issued after wheelie bin fire on Hove seafront
7:58am Saturday 24th August 2013 in News
Firefighters are reminding beachgoers to safely dispose of their barbeques after tackling a wheelie bin fire last night (August 23).
The Hove station crew was called to the seafront blaze at the bottom of Holland Road shortly before 10.30pm.
A barbeque, which had been disposed of hours before, had set fire to the bin.
A station spokesman said: “People shouldn’t be using barbeques on the beach because they heat up the stones.
“They must also be careful when disposing of them. They retain heat for a long time and can set fire to bins long after being thrown away.”
Comments are closed on this article.