Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Bin fire on Brighton beach caused by badly discarded barbecue
7:39am Tuesday 27th August 2013 in News
A discarded barbecue by Bank Holiday revelers torched a bin on the beach last night.
The bin, on Brighton beach, took about half an hour to extinguish after a crew from Preston Circus Fire Station was called at 10:18pm.
The engine had to take a detour on the way down to the incident via the Peace Statue on King’s Road, which added a few minutes to the operation.
A spokesman for Preston Circus Fire Station said: “Unfortunately, this sort of thing is quite common.”
- Special report: Will your MP take an 11% pay rise?
- Jury continues deliberations in rent boy 'murder'
- Wife of jailed Brighton marine ‘overwhelmed’ by support
- Bird species in sharp decline in Sussex
- Father Scotty McGill tells of horror after being attacked by machete in street
Comments are closed on this article.