Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Burger van explodes in Polegate
8:55am Thursday 29th August 2013 in News
A burger van exploded in the early hours of the morning due to a gas leak.
Two fire crews, from Hailsham Community Fire Station and Eastbourne Community Fire Station, were called to an incident near Baytree Farm on Bay Tree Lane in Polegate at 5.52am this morning.
A spokesman from Eastbourne Community Fire Station said: “By the time we got there Hailsham were already at the scene and the trailor was completely destroyed.
“There was a small fire as a result of the explosion, but the main issue was the gas bottle that was still leaking gas, which we needed to turn off.
“The truck didn’t look in great shape – there were bits of it all over the floor.”
- Travel Watch Live
- Murder investigation launched following huge fire which killed man, 24, and led to four others needing treatment
- Jury in Ricardo Pisano case retires for fourth day
- Drunk fools can attend course to avoid £90 fine
- Your Interview: send us your questions for Trevor Love
Comments are closed on this article.