Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Have your say: Do you think firefighters should go out on strike?
9:30am Wednesday 25th September 2013 in News
Firefighters from across Sussex will go out on strike today over a row on pensions.
The issue surrounds an ongoing dispute in which union officials claim their members could be dismissed without a proper pension if they are unable to pass standard fitness tests before the age of 60.
But Fire Minister Brandon Lewis described the action as “unnecessary and avoidable” and said the pension on offer to staff IS “one of the most generous public service pensions available”.
We want to know what you think.
Are the firefighters right to walk out on strike today?
Or is the Fire Minister right in branding it unnecessary?
Tell us using the comment feature below.
- Worthing teen died after doctors did not check for tumour, inquest hears
- Fire breaks out at historic Brighton flats
- Fitting farewell for Eastbourne war veteran Robert Argyle as 100 strangers attend funeral
- Premier Inn plan for Lewes Magistrates' Court rejected for being out of character with town
- Mother of fire murder victim Terry Davies remembers her beloved son
Comments are closed on this article.