The first shipping containers set to be used as homeless accommodation have started arriving this morning.
The converted containers will provide temporary homes for 36 men and women with a history of homelessness.
Developers QED Estates Ltd and housing charity Brighton Housing Trust are behind the scheme, which will be located in Richardson’s Yardoff New England Road behind where the Cobbler’s Thumb used to stand.
The containers have been transported from the Netherlands and have been stored in the Essex port town of Tilbury while the site in Brighton is prepared.
The containers will be fitted with solar panels on the roofs and will have gardens.
- Public warned not to approach convicted murderer on the run
- Video: Mother speaks of daughter's killing by dad
- Man stabbed in the back in mid-morning brawl in Hove
- UPDATE: Major disruption on Brighton Mainline following signalling problems at Haywards Heath
- Carer 'stole £30,000' from elderly woman in her care