Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
First shipping containers for Brighton homeless project arrive in the city
Updated 2:13pm Monday 21st October 2013 in News
The first shipping containers set to be used as homeless accommodation have started arriving this morning.
The converted containers will provide temporary homes for 36 men and women with a history of homelessness.
Developers QED Estates Ltd and housing charity Brighton Housing Trust are behind the scheme, which will be located in Richardson’s Yardoff New England Road behind where the Cobbler’s Thumb used to stand.
The containers have been transported from the Netherlands and have been stored in the Essex port town of Tilbury while the site in Brighton is prepared.
The containers will be fitted with solar panels on the roofs and will have gardens.
- UPDATE: Workman dies after falling from Eastbourne Pier
- Workman in life threatening condition after falling from Eastbourne Pier
- Man caught urinating on Brighton war memorial punished
- New mother disturbs burglars in her home
- Man accused of driving car onto motor racing circuit during event
Comments are closed on this article.