The first shipping containers set to be used as homeless accommodation have started arriving this morning.
The converted containers will provide temporary homes for 36 men and women with a history of homelessness.
Developers QED Estates Ltd and housing charity Brighton Housing Trust are behind the scheme, which will be located in Richardson’s Yardoff New England Road behind where the Cobbler’s Thumb used to stand.
The containers have been transported from the Netherlands and have been stored in the Essex port town of Tilbury while the site in Brighton is prepared.
The containers will be fitted with solar panels on the roofs and will have gardens.
- Hove man left with horrible facial injuries after gang of thugs attack him in street
- GALLERY: Spectacular sunset seen across Sussex
- Cranes prepare to demolish gutted arcade on Eastbourne Pier
- VIDEO: Police catch drug driver who can't walk in a straight line
- Saltdean Lido needs your help today in phone-in competition