He is best-known for his work rescuing wildlife, but campaigner Trevor Weeks is now setting his sights on the Christmas charts.
The founder of East Sussex Wildlife Rescue and Ambulance Service has been rubbing shoulders with stars and celebrities for a charity single called Talk to the Animals.
The Band Aid-style single has been developed by Debbie Curtis and her staff at DCRBB Music, who have spent 10 months travelling across the UK to record each of the contributors individually.
They include actor Jerome Flynn, singer Hazel O’Connor, comedian Dave Spikey, actresses Hayley Mills and Jenny Seagrove and actress and animal campaigner Virginia McKenna.
- Thousands raised in one day after death of Alex Maynard from Brighton
- Parents ‘horrified’ by rape of 14-year-old girl in Ovingdean nature reserve
- Bonfire society to charge an admission fee for the first time to Lewes biggest fireworks night event
- UPDATED: Man in hospital with life threatening head injuries after being hit by lorry on A259
- Delays and cancellations on the buses expected until the early evening in Brighton and Hove
Spoon-bender Uri Geller, singer David van Day and TV and radio presenter David Hamilton have also taken part.
Trevor Weeks MBE, said “Debbie approached me asking if I would help and take part in the single after being suggested by actress Virginia McKenna.
“Anyone who knows me will know that I am not a singer, I don’t even sing in the shower, ever since I was told as a child that I couldn’t sing I’ve never sung.
“I was very reluctant and hesitant but I felt that if it helps stop the suffering of animals then I’ve got to do to do it.
“I’m afraid I ended up talking my way through the single more than singing, as I was so nervous and such a bad singer.
“I just hope that no animals are caused any suffering by hearing me on the single.”
The single is in aid of the charity Viva! who campaigns for a vegetarian/vegan world due to the conditions in which most farmed animals spend their short and miserable lives in factory farms.
The single will be released on Sunday, December 8, but people can order it now on pre-release at iTunes by searching Debbie Curtis Big Band Aid.