Premier Inn evacuated after fridge leak

The Argus: Firefighters at Premier Inn in North Street yesterday afternoon Firefighters at Premier Inn in North Street yesterday afternoon

Hundreds of hotel guests had to be evacuated when gas began leaking in a downstairs shop.

Firefighters ordered more than 200 guests out of the Premier Inn in North Street, Brighton, last night at around 8pm.

A refrigerator in the 99p store below the hotel had begun to leak gas.

All the guests were led to another hotel for the night and the leak was made safe by 10pm.

Earlier in the day an "unsafe window" led to the closure of North Street for a short while as firefighters made the scene safe. 

Comments (8)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:27am Tue 3 Dec 13

power_ranger says...

That ruddy fire truck...
That ruddy fire truck... power_ranger

8:48am Tue 3 Dec 13

brighton-breezy says...

power_ranger wrote:
That ruddy fire truck...
if we all chuck in a few pence each, I'll pop down to Halfords and pick up a new headlight bulb.
[quote][p][bold]power_ranger[/bold] wrote: That ruddy fire truck...[/p][/quote]if we all chuck in a few pence each, I'll pop down to Halfords and pick up a new headlight bulb. brighton-breezy

9:41am Tue 3 Dec 13

micklin says...

Thats agree night for all concerned then, poor old Lenny Henry
Thats agree night for all concerned then, poor old Lenny Henry micklin

9:43am Tue 3 Dec 13

micklin says...

Should read"a free "( bloody auto spell)
Should read"a free "( bloody auto spell) micklin

9:58am Tue 3 Dec 13

sussexram40 says...

not a good day at premier inn then,. first a dodgy window then a gas leak in the shop below.
not a good day at premier inn then,. first a dodgy window then a gas leak in the shop below. sussexram40

11:07am Tue 3 Dec 13

Brighton Living says...

Premier Inn again it's really not their week two days and two times the fire service one for this and one for the window. won't belong before everybody thinks the Premier Inn is the Fire Station.
Premier Inn again it's really not their week two days and two times the fire service one for this and one for the window. won't belong before everybody thinks the Premier Inn is the Fire Station. Brighton Living

4:26pm Tue 3 Dec 13

boo2005 says...

this is, as a story, absolute 'rowlocks'!
apparently, the refrigerator started to leak gas at aroung midday, working as a shopkeeper ajoining the Premier Inn I can say that we were evacuated at around lunchtime, for possibly an hour, when we were all let back in to carry on trading, which we did up until closing time, at 6pm, and uless I've missed something, the above story is absolute nonsense in the timescale quoted!
this is, as a story, absolute 'rowlocks'! apparently, the refrigerator started to leak gas at aroung midday, working as a shopkeeper ajoining the Premier Inn I can say that we were evacuated at around lunchtime, for possibly an hour, when we were all let back in to carry on trading, which we did up until closing time, at 6pm, and uless I've missed something, the above story is absolute nonsense in the timescale quoted! boo2005

10:32pm Wed 4 Dec 13

whoee! says...

I must say that particular premier inn is absolutely disgusting.I wouldn't board a dog there lol
I must say that particular premier inn is absolutely disgusting.I wouldn't board a dog there lol whoee!

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree