Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Hastings and Bexhill shop staff caught selling alcohol to underage customers
3:46pm Monday 9th December 2013 in News
Two shop assistants have been fined for selling alcohol to underage customers following a covert police operation.
Sussex Police tested four premises by sending in two volunteers, aged 15 and 16, to buy alcohol from stores in Hastings and Bexhill.
Staff in the Ideal Supermarket in Queens Road in Hastings, and Bexhill News in London Road in Bexhill, sold alcohol to the volunteers with shop assistants in each premises issued with a £90 fine.
Representatives of the offending premises will also be required to meet with the local Neighbourhood Policing Inspector and Licensing Officer to discuss a range of measures to tackle the problem.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Elephants can identify human tribes by voice - and prefer women and children
- Brighton hospital trust tells staff to keep quiet
- Brighton man tells of smoke grenade horror
- Talking Point: Have you encountered abuse on the roads?
- Petition calls on Government to refuse i360 loan
Comments are closed on this article.