Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
West Preston man first to be named under new drug-driving campaign
6:17pm Monday 9th December 2013 in News
A 41-year-old man has become the first person to be charged with drug-driving during Sussex Police's Christmas crackdown.
Gavin Waterer was arrested at 1.55am on Saturday after a car was stopped by police in Goring Road, Worthing.
Waterer, of Southcourt Close in West Preston, was charged with drug-driving and released on bail to appear at Worthing Magistrates' Court on January 28.
Suspected drug drivers are being tested by officers for illegal substances for the first time in Sussex this month.
As well as the charge for drug-driving, 12 more people have been named after being charged with drink-related driving offences in the county as part of Sussex Police’s festive campaign.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Greater Brighton City Deal signed, promising £170m boost for local digital businesses
- 10 signs summer is on its way in Brighton and Hove
- Boy, five, airlifted to hospital after being knocked over by horse
- Agatha Christie whodunnit gremlins leave Eastbourne audience in the dark
- Meet Your Argus - in the pub
Comments are closed on this article.