Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
West Preston man first to be named under new drug-driving campaign
6:17pm Monday 9th December 2013 in News
A 41-year-old man has become the first person to be charged with drug-driving during Sussex Police's Christmas crackdown.
Gavin Waterer was arrested at 1.55am on Saturday after a car was stopped by police in Goring Road, Worthing.
Waterer, of Southcourt Close in West Preston, was charged with drug-driving and released on bail to appear at Worthing Magistrates' Court on January 28.
Suspected drug drivers are being tested by officers for illegal substances for the first time in Sussex this month.
As well as the charge for drug-driving, 12 more people have been named after being charged with drink-related driving offences in the county as part of Sussex Police’s festive campaign.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Father of teenager killed in Syria says he was a "martyr"
- Girl injured after plunging from Worthing seafront fairground ride
- Teenager killed in Syria conflict
- Some homes still without power following accident on the A22
- Preparing to mark 750th battle anniversary
Comments are closed on this article.