Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Plans to turn Lewes Magistrates' Court into Premier Inn hotel rejected by council
5:18pm Thursday 12th December 2013 in News
Councillors have rejected proposals to convert a disused court site into a 60-bed hotel.
The South Downs Planning Committee this afternoon rejected plans to convert the Lewes Magistrates’ Court into a Premier Inn hotel and shop fronts.
The authority’s committee agreed unanimously that the design of the building was not in keeping with the character of the town.
For the full story see tomorrow's The Argus.
- Fears man found dead in industrial estate 'skip' could have been accidentally crushed after getting in a bin
- Choccywoccydoodah counts cost of 'out of control' Brighton squat party
- Blonde-haired man on bike flashed at 12-year-old
- Police pay tribute to Community Support Officer who has stepped down after a 10 year career
- Man charged with shouting racist abuse at Asian shop staff
Comments are closed on this article.