Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Plans to turn Lewes Magistrates' Court into Premier Inn hotel rejected by council
5:18pm Thursday 12th December 2013 in News
Councillors have rejected proposals to convert a disused court site into a 60-bed hotel.
The South Downs Planning Committee this afternoon rejected plans to convert the Lewes Magistrates’ Court into a Premier Inn hotel and shop fronts.
The authority’s committee agreed unanimously that the design of the building was not in keeping with the character of the town.
For the full story see tomorrow's The Argus.
- Caroline Lucas found not guilty in anti-fracking protest trial
- VIDEO: Caroline Lucas speaks outside court
- Have your say: Should the West Pier be dismantled?
- Man strolling along M23 was 'walking to London'
- Raw sewage found in kebab shop
Comments are closed on this article.