Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Sussex chef Steven Edwards triumphs in Masterchef final
9:15am Friday 13th December 2013 in News
Sussex chef Steven Edwards has won this year's Masterchef: The Professionals.
Last night saw him up against Scottish pair Scott Davies, 27, and Adam Handling, 25 having seen off chefs from across the country in the last few weeks.
Mr Edwards, who is head chef at South Lodge Hotel’s Camellia restaurant, near Horsham, sailed through the early rounds, impressing judges Gregg Wallace, Michel Roux Jr and Monica Galetti.
In the semi-final he was sent to Heston Blumenthal’s London restaurant Dinner where he again proved his talent.
The final saw him jet off to Italy to spend two days in the kitchens of the third best restaurant in the world, Osteria Francescana.
His task was to create an exceptional three-course meal for judges Michel Roux Jr, Monica Galetti and Gregg Wallace.
- Fears man found dead in industrial estate 'skip' could have been accidentally crushed after getting in a bin
- Choccywoccydoodah counts cost of 'out of control' Brighton squat party
- Blonde-haired man on bike flashed at 12-year-old
- Police pay tribute to Community Support Officer who has stepped down after a 10 year career
- Man charged with shouting racist abuse at Asian shop staff
Comments are closed on this article.