Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Sussex chef Steven Edwards triumphs in Masterchef final
9:15am Friday 13th December 2013 in News
Sussex chef Steven Edwards has won this year's Masterchef: The Professionals.
Last night saw him up against Scottish pair Scott Davies, 27, and Adam Handling, 25 having seen off chefs from across the country in the last few weeks.
Mr Edwards, who is head chef at South Lodge Hotel’s Camellia restaurant, near Horsham, sailed through the early rounds, impressing judges Gregg Wallace, Michel Roux Jr and Monica Galetti.
In the semi-final he was sent to Heston Blumenthal’s London restaurant Dinner where he again proved his talent.
The final saw him jet off to Italy to spend two days in the kitchens of the third best restaurant in the world, Osteria Francescana.
His task was to create an exceptional three-course meal for judges Michel Roux Jr, Monica Galetti and Gregg Wallace.
- Crews tackle chimney fire in Barcombe
- Arson probe after Brighton bench set on fire
- Brighton man rescued after setting his supper on fire
- Concerns for Crawley teen missing since Saturday morning
- Newhaven and Bognor given millions of pounds to regenerate towns
Comments are closed on this article.