Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Barnham police sergeant admits to sex offences against teenager
10:08am Friday 13th December 2013 in News
A British Transport Police sergeant faces a prison sentence after admitting two sex offences against a girl.
Mick Defries, 58 from Barnham, pleaded guilty to two historical allegations of sexually touching a girl under the age of 13.
He has been remanded in custody to appear for sentencing at Lewes Crown Court on Thursday January 10.
Defries had served 10 years with the force and had been suspended pending disciplinary action.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- You're hired - The Argus campaign smashes apprenticeships target with 67 youngsters taken on by firms
- Busy junction plunged into darkness due to substation fire
- Two people suffer smoke inhalation after dishwasher fire in Eastbourne
- Fire crews called to burning car in Peacehaven
- Two vans destroyed in suspected arson in Eastbourne
Comments are closed on this article.