Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Real baby takes centre stage in Hove pre-school nativity play
5:10am Monday 16th December 2013 in News
A two-week-old baby took centre stage to play the baby Jesus lying in a manger in a pre-school Nativity play.
Baby Jessenia Henry was chosen for the role in the performance which was acted out by 36 children aged three and four from the Dolphins Pre-School in Hove.
Nearly 80 parents attended the show on Friday to enjoy the youngsters singing a selection of Christmas songs before taking up their places for the Christmas Nativity.
Sheila Gavan, headteacher, said: “The children absolutely loved it and were really enthusiastic.
“Everyone who wanted a speaking part had a speaking part and they were just really, really good.
“The children just accepted that there was a real baby and the parents all thought it was amazing.
“We always try to have a real baby and with around 70 parents generally there will be a baby that’s small enough to fit in the crib.”
l See Wednesday’s edition of The Argus for a Youth in Action Nativity Special.
- Bottles and paint thrown from squat at Brighton church
- Cyclist fighting for life following Brighton seafront bus shelter crash
- Bradley Murdoch reportedly drops appeal following conviction for murdering Peter Falconio
- Hand grenade discovered in garden
- Brighton and Hove one of UK's least affordable places to live
Comments are closed on this article.