Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Gatwick Express suspends services
9:09am Thursday 26th December 2013 in News
Servicers on a major rail link have been halted.
The Gatwick Express service, which links the airport with London Victoria, will be suspended until January 2.
A spokesman said the week-long closure will allow work on the line between Redhill in Surrey and Purley in south London to be carried out.
Southern, First Capital Connect and First Great Western services to the airport are being disrupted.
Southern said from December 27 until January 1 trains between Purley and Redhill would not run.
Travellers have been advised to use Southern trains between East Croydon and East Grinstead and the buses between East Grinstead and Gatwick Airport.
First Capital Connect passengers are asked to use Southern services between Sutton and Gatwick Airport, and on services between London Bridge and Coulsden Town, with a connecting bus service to the airport and Three Bridges.
- Bottles and paint thrown from squat at Brighton church
- Cyclist fighting for life following Brighton seafront bus shelter crash
- Bradley Murdoch reportedly drops appeal following conviction for murdering Peter Falconio
- Hand grenade discovered in garden
- Brighton and Hove one of UK's least affordable places to live
Comments are closed on this article.