Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Search in Worthing as man absconds from mental health unit
8:16am Monday 30th December 2013 in News
A patient who absconded from a secure hospital mental health unit is being sought by police.
Luke Elsmore, 23, disappeared from Farmfield Hospital in Horley at about 10am on Friday and police believe he may be in the Worthing area.
Surrey Police is working closely with officers from Sussex Police to find him.
Mr Elsmore, had been detained under a section 37 Mental Health Act order and requires various medications.
He does have a history of violence and although there is no indication of any direct threat to the public, anyone who believes they may have seen him are urged not to approach him but to phone police immediately.
He is described as white, around 6ft 2ins, of stocky build with short black hair.
He was wearing a navy blue jumper, jogging bottoms and black trainers when he was last seen.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101.
- Chaos across Brighton - traffic lights down in Preston Circus
- Lawyers stage strike over cuts to legal aid
- Missing mum hands herself in to police - but children still unaccounted for
- Kebab shops face losing licences for opening up to five hours after closing time
- Missed appointments costing NHS in Sussex millions of pounds
Comments are closed on this article.