Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Unsettled weather continues as Sussex revellers gear up for 2014
10:11am Tuesday 31st December 2013 in News
As the final few hours of 2013 tick away, the inclement weather showed little signs of easing to welcome in the new year.
Wind and rain again hit Sussex, with our photographer Simon Dack's video showing the wild waves at Palace Pier in Brighton.
Worthing Pier was shut this morning was waves crashed against the structure.
And worse is to come tomorrow as the first day of 2014 brings with it a yellow warning for rain.
A spokesman said: "Further rain, heavy at times, is expected to spread quickly northeastwards on Wednesday. Rainfall totals are expected to be widely 10-20 mm, but as much as 30-40 mm over some south facing coasts and hills. South or southwesterly gales with gusts 50-60 mph may also accompany the rain."
- Fears man found dead in industrial estate 'skip' could have been accidentally crushed after getting in a bin
- Choccywoccydoodah counts cost of 'out of control' Brighton squat party
- Blonde-haired man on bike flashed at 12-year-old
- Police pay tribute to Community Support Officer who has stepped down after a 10 year career
- Man charged with shouting racist abuse at Asian shop staff
Comments are closed on this article.