Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Unsettled weather continues as Sussex revellers gear up for 2014
10:11am Tuesday 31st December 2013 in News
As the final few hours of 2013 tick away, the inclement weather showed little signs of easing to welcome in the new year.
Wind and rain again hit Sussex, with our photographer Simon Dack's video showing the wild waves at Palace Pier in Brighton.
Worthing Pier was shut this morning was waves crashed against the structure.
And worse is to come tomorrow as the first day of 2014 brings with it a yellow warning for rain.
A spokesman said: "Further rain, heavy at times, is expected to spread quickly northeastwards on Wednesday. Rainfall totals are expected to be widely 10-20 mm, but as much as 30-40 mm over some south facing coasts and hills. South or southwesterly gales with gusts 50-60 mph may also accompany the rain."
- Riot police raid Brighton squat after man found with head injuries
- Mystery over body found at recycling centre
- Man killed in hard shoulder motorway crash named
- Killer 'raised his fists in triumph' after fatally knocking out man
- UPDATE: 42-year-old man still alive after being hit by train
Comments are closed on this article.