Firefighters have resumed normal cover after a strike this morning.
East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service has returned to normal following this morning’s industrial action by members of the Fire Brigades Union.
Crews made up of non-FBU members were on duty during the strike between 6.30am and 8.30am and responded to one incident in Brighton. An officer was sent to assist following reports of a person locked in a property.
The fire service thanked members of the public for following safety advice during the three FBU strikes over the Christmas and New Year period and helping East Sussex Fire and Rescue to focus on real emergencies.
With wind, rain and flooding forecast for Friday and the weekend, members of the public are urged to remain vigilant
- Coach passengers able to walk away from crash with crane on A27
- VIDEO: Madness of man who stops to have his picture taken sat on the edge of 500ft cliff
- Body found on beach not being treated as suspicious
- Two taken to hospital following crash on A27
- Air ambulance called as boy, 12, is knocked over