Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Sussex firefighters return to duty after morning strike
9:50am Friday 3rd January 2014 in News
Firefighters have resumed normal cover after a strike this morning.
East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service has returned to normal following this morning’s industrial action by members of the Fire Brigades Union.
Crews made up of non-FBU members were on duty during the strike between 6.30am and 8.30am and responded to one incident in Brighton. An officer was sent to assist following reports of a person locked in a property.
The fire service thanked members of the public for following safety advice during the three FBU strikes over the Christmas and New Year period and helping East Sussex Fire and Rescue to focus on real emergencies.
With wind, rain and flooding forecast for Friday and the weekend, members of the public are urged to remain vigilant
- Man charged in girl trafficking case following extradition
- Talking Point: What can be done to stop bullying?
- Zaz follows Zen to win Crufts trophy
- Jonathan Meades praises Brighton's concrete monstrosities
- Proposed £4m late-night levy slammed by Brighton nightclubs
Comments are closed on this article.