Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Woman seriously injured in Newhaven stabbing
A woman was stabbed in the stomach in an incident in Newhaven.
Sussex Police were called to a home in Arundel Road, Newhaven, at 8.30pm on Thursday following reports a man had been punched and suffered bruising, and a woman had suffered a stab wound to her abdomen.
The woman, 42, was taken by ambulance to the Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton. She has since been transferred to King's College Hospital, London, where her condition is "stable".
It is not currently thought to be life-threatening, a Sussex Police spokesman said.
The spokesman added: “Shortly after police arrived, a 20-year-old man was located nearby and arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm to the woman and actual bodily harm to the man. He is currently in custody for interview and further enquiries.”
- Power cut affecting Brighton seafront businesses
- Eastbourne Pier fire: Investigators begin probe
- Pensioner dies after falling from seventh floor of block of flats
- Road chase ends with stolen car crashing into Sussex Police vehicle
- Sussex branch to trial counter-less bank service
Comments are closed on this article.