Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Woman seriously injured in Newhaven stabbing
A woman was stabbed in the stomach in an incident in Newhaven.
Sussex Police were called to a home in Arundel Road, Newhaven, at 8.30pm on Thursday following reports a man had been punched and suffered bruising, and a woman had suffered a stab wound to her abdomen.
The woman, 42, was taken by ambulance to the Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton. She has since been transferred to King's College Hospital, London, where her condition is "stable".
It is not currently thought to be life-threatening, a Sussex Police spokesman said.
The spokesman added: “Shortly after police arrived, a 20-year-old man was located nearby and arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm to the woman and actual bodily harm to the man. He is currently in custody for interview and further enquiries.”
- Mother facing jail for neglect after being found drunk at 11.30am
- Hundreds of jobs at risk after supermarket chain pulls out of development
- Travellers arrive at Black Rock in Brighton
- Sussex Hospitals prepare for rise in patients due to heatwave
- Sussex coast Wind farm plans ‘harmful to birds and environment’
Comments are closed on this article.