Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Secure hoardings, scaffolding and chimneys in bad weather urge Sussex firefighters
9:50am Saturday 4th January 2014 in News
Sussex residents are being urged to secure their homes and businesses their hoardings in the face of the bad weather.
East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service had to be called out several times overnight (January 3) to make buildings safe.
- Crews tackle chimney fire in Barcombe
- Arson probe after Brighton bench set on fire
- Brighton man rescued after setting his supper on fire
- Missing Crawley teen found "safe and unharmed"
- Newhaven and Bognor given millions of pounds to regenerate towns
At 5.27pm, firefighters made the area safe after chimney pots came loose on Broomgrove Road in Hastings.
At 5.42pm large roof panels were made safe on Morris Road in Lewes.
At 6.46pm a loose sign hanging dangerously over a pathway on South Coast Road in Peacehaven was made safe.
At 7.05pm loose scaffold boards were made safe at Priory Road in Hastings.
At 12.36am large damaged window ten floors up a Marina Court in St Leonards were made safe.
At 6.32am loose facia boards on the front of a property at a retail unit on the old MFI site in St Leonards were secured.
And at 6.37am a collapsed ceiling caused by a leaking roof in St Leonards Lane in Mayfield was made safe.
Comments are closed on this article.