Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Stunning sunrise over Sussex marks calm before the storm
9:58am Sunday 5th January 2014 in News
Sussex woke to a stunning sunrise this morning as pink altocumulus clouds drifted across the sky.
Early risers from Seaford, Shoreham, Lewes and Brighton and Hove all took to social media to add their sunrise snaps.
Our own photographer Simon Dack also managed to capture the pink hues on display.
- Riot police raid Brighton squat after man found with head injuries
- Mystery over body found at recycling centre
- Appeal for witnesses after two men are attacked in Hastings
- Suspected burglars arrested after detectives tracks them to stolen car
- Investigation launched following violent incidents in Worthing
But the beautiful scene marked the calm before the storm with more rain and wind forecast for today.
The Met Office said: "Outbreaks of rain, heavy at times, will move northeast across the UK on Sunday accompanied by strong winds. Quite widespread accumulations of 10-15 mm are likely across southern areas with locally in excess of 30 mm possible over some higher ground.
"This additional rainfall, following the recent very wet weather, means that the public should be aware of an increased risk of both surface water and river flooding as well as disruption to transport."
Comments are closed on this article.