Sussex singer/songwriter Tom Odell has been nominated for two Brit Awards.
The Chichesterborn artist who shot to fame with his debut album Long Way Down is up for both British Male Solo Artist and British Breakthrough Act at the prestigious awards.
The 23-year-old who studied at Brighton Institute of Modern Music in Brunswick Street won last year’s Brit Critic’s Choice Award.
- Teenage burglar convicted for second time in a week
- Stop-smoking figures down year on year
- Motorcyclist who died on the A29 named
- Mother who was drunk whilst looking after her two-year-old son ordered to complete 60 hours of community service
- Water company releases untreated waste water into the sea to prevent widespread flooding
The ceremony is to be held at London’s O2 Arena on February 19.
Earlier this week it was announced Brighton-born director Sean Ellis is up for a Bafta.
His movie Metro Manila was given the nod in the Best Foreign Film category.
The ceremony is to be held at the Royal Opera House on February 16.