A Chinese man was detained during a Crawley Town match over an alleged betting syndicate fraud.
The man was held yesterday during Crawley Town's match against Coventry City in Northampton.
He was detained by police and spoken to by the FA Fraud Unit in relation to alleged overseas betting syndicate fraud. He was not arrested and was not linked to any club.
A Sussex Police spokesman said: "This is part of an ongoing investigation by the FA into betting syndicate fraud and Northampton and Sussex Police officers were there to support the FA fraud team in dealing with the man and obtaining his information."
- Motorcyclist injured while trying to complete ice bucket challenge
- Man living in derelict pub: ‘I want to be king of the squatters’
- City is beacon of economic dynamism
- Brighton and Hove restaurants and bars named best in UK
- Rugby World Cup tickets to go on sale next week