Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Chinese man detained at Crawley Town game over alleged betting fraud
10:50am Monday 13th January 2014 in News
A Chinese man was detained during a Crawley Town match over an alleged betting syndicate fraud.
The man was held yesterday during Crawley Town's match against Coventry City in Northampton.
He was detained by police and spoken to by the FA Fraud Unit in relation to alleged overseas betting syndicate fraud. He was not arrested and was not linked to any club.
A Sussex Police spokesman said: "This is part of an ongoing investigation by the FA into betting syndicate fraud and Northampton and Sussex Police officers were there to support the FA fraud team in dealing with the man and obtaining his information."
- Choccywoccydoodah counts cost of 'out of control' Brighton squat party
- Fears man found dead in industrial estate 'skip' could have been accidentally crushed after getting in a bin
- Police pay tribute to Community Support Officer who has stepped down after a 10 year career
- Man charged with shouting racist abuse at Asian shop staff
- Police to offer advice on dangers of postal scams
Comments are closed on this article.