Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Chinese man detained at Crawley Town game over alleged betting fraud
10:50am Monday 13th January 2014 in News
A Chinese man was detained during a Crawley Town match over an alleged betting syndicate fraud.
The man was held yesterday during Crawley Town's match against Coventry City in Northampton.
He was detained by police and spoken to by the FA Fraud Unit in relation to alleged overseas betting syndicate fraud. He was not arrested and was not linked to any club.
A Sussex Police spokesman said: "This is part of an ongoing investigation by the FA into betting syndicate fraud and Northampton and Sussex Police officers were there to support the FA fraud team in dealing with the man and obtaining his information."
- Drugs mule who attempted to smuggle 70 bags of cocaine into Gatwick Airport is jailed
- Man dies after plunging 30ft from cliff
- Investigation launched after man dies three days after police arrest
- Gang steals watch with connection to Auschwitz
- Refurbished park gets coveted Green Flag status in record-breaking year
Comments are closed on this article.