Firefighters were called to a number of small house fires last night.
the first happened in Victoria Avenue in Hastings at about 5.45pm.
Crews discovered a fire on the first floor hallway but no-one was hurt and the fire was quickly extinguished.
There was a kitchen fire in Warnham at about 7.40pm last night in Church Road.
- First step in £35million scheme for Corn Exchange and Studio Theatre
- Guns and machete found in pond by dog
- Pain cured on a limb and a prayer
- Fracking is ‘threat to property prices’
- Women to be mothers later in life
The blaze was on the ground floor of the two storey property.
West Sussex Fire and Rescue sent crews in breathing apparatus and a thermal imaging camera but there was nobody trapped by the fire.
The house suffered 10% fire damage and 90% smoke damage, with a neighbouring property also being damaged by the smoke.
And in Hove there was a fire on the top floor of a nine story building in Clarendon Road.
The fire at Livingston House was again quickly extinguished and no-one was injured and the building did not need to be evacuated.