Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Series of small house fires in Sussex
8:14am Tuesday 14th January 2014 in News
Firefighters were called to a number of small house fires last night.
the first happened in Victoria Avenue in Hastings at about 5.45pm.
Crews discovered a fire on the first floor hallway but no-one was hurt and the fire was quickly extinguished.
There was a kitchen fire in Warnham at about 7.40pm last night in Church Road.
- Grand plan for Brighton's most iconic hotel
- Marina academy at core of iPad tablet tuition plan in Brighton and Hove
- Rod Stewart hangs up his boots before his Brighton visit
- Body discovered in East Sussex believed to be that of missing man Craig Roberts-Miles
- Albion executive to stand as Brighton and Hove council candidate
The blaze was on the ground floor of the two storey property.
West Sussex Fire and Rescue sent crews in breathing apparatus and a thermal imaging camera but there was nobody trapped by the fire.
The house suffered 10% fire damage and 90% smoke damage, with a neighbouring property also being damaged by the smoke.
And in Hove there was a fire on the top floor of a nine story building in Clarendon Road.
The fire at Livingston House was again quickly extinguished and no-one was injured and the building did not need to be evacuated.
Comments are closed on this article.