Elderly woman's cash and jewellery taken in suspected distraction burglary in Bexhill (From The Argus)
Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Elderly woman's cash and jewellery taken in suspected distraction burglary in Bexhill
9:31am Tuesday 14th January 2014 in News
An elderly woman had her cash and jewellery stolen in a suspected distraction burglary.
Police are investigating the incident in Jameson Road, Bexhill after the woman allowed a caller to enter her flat at about 11.30am yesterday.
The caller said he needed to leave a note for a flat upstairs and the woman, 81, stayed with him while he wrote it out.
- Caught on camera: Driver's foul-mouthed tirade at Eastbourne cyclist
- Greater Brighton City Deal signed, promising £170m boost for local digital businesses
- Gang of teenagers beat a man unconscious – then stamp on his head
- Sussex father deported because cancer treatment was too expensive
- Air ambulance lands following four-vehicle crash on M23 sliproad
But at some stage an opportunity was found to steal the missing property from her hallway.
The caller was white, slightly under 6', in his mid 40s, with dark hair. He was dressed in a black leather jacket and smart dark trousers.
Anyone who may have noticed this man in the Jameson Road area on Monday morning, or who has other information, is asked to phone Sussex Police on 101 or email email@example.com, quoting serial 521 of 13/1.
Alternatively they can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers free and anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Comments are closed on this article.