An elderly woman had her cash and jewellery stolen in a suspected distraction burglary.
Police are investigating the incident in Jameson Road, Bexhill after the woman allowed a caller to enter her flat at about 11.30am yesterday.
The caller said he needed to leave a note for a flat upstairs and the woman, 81, stayed with him while he wrote it out.
- Mother who was drunk whilst looking after her two-year-old son ordered to complete 60 hours of community service
- UKIP could target Tory’s Sussex seat
- £16 profit for My Little Pony nine-hour lectures
- Historic Sussex mansion hosts BBC’s Countryfile show
- Sports icon Gareth Thomas to visit Brighton
But at some stage an opportunity was found to steal the missing property from her hallway.
The caller was white, slightly under 6', in his mid 40s, with dark hair. He was dressed in a black leather jacket and smart dark trousers.
Anyone who may have noticed this man in the Jameson Road area on Monday morning, or who has other information, is asked to phone Sussex Police on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting serial 521 of 13/1.
Alternatively they can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers free and anonymously on 0800 555 111.