Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Travellers evicted from Sheepcote Valley move onto Brighton downland
Updated 9:29am Thursday 16th January 2014 in News
Travellers have moved onto national parkland north of 19 Acres in Brighton.
About 40 vehicles were reported to have set up an unauthorised encampment on land north of 19 Acres in Dyke Road, Brighton yesterday.
The group is believed to be the one evicted from Sheepcote Valley by Brighton and Hove City Council on Tuesday evening.
Officials believed the group would move into West Sussex, not onto land it owns in the South Downs National Park.
The local authority said it would carry out checks with the police if the group did not move on overnight.
- Flooded residents told: Don't blame it on the drains
- Violence spike did not occur during World Cup – Sussex Police
- Huge step for i360 as first ground is broken
- Victims told to choose the punishment for their tormentors
- Man accused of Buckingham Palace bribes