Travellers have moved onto national parkland north of 19 Acres in Brighton.
About 40 vehicles were reported to have set up an unauthorised encampment on land north of 19 Acres in Dyke Road, Brighton yesterday.
The group is believed to be the one evicted from Sheepcote Valley by Brighton and Hove City Council on Tuesday evening.
Officials believed the group would move into West Sussex, not onto land it owns in the South Downs National Park.
The local authority said it would carry out checks with the police if the group did not move on overnight.
- Coach passengers able to walk away from crash with crane on A27
- VIDEO: Madness of man who stops to have his picture taken sat on the edge of 500ft cliff
- Body found on beach not being treated as suspicious
- Two taken to hospital following crash on A27
- Air ambulance called as boy, 12, is knocked over