Travellers have moved onto national parkland north of 19 Acres in Brighton.
About 40 vehicles were reported to have set up an unauthorised encampment on land north of 19 Acres in Dyke Road, Brighton yesterday.
The group is believed to be the one evicted from Sheepcote Valley by Brighton and Hove City Council on Tuesday evening.
Officials believed the group would move into West Sussex, not onto land it owns in the South Downs National Park.
The local authority said it would carry out checks with the police if the group did not move on overnight.
- Fears grow for missing teenage girl
- MP's warning on new 'severe' terror alert
- Company given £15,000 fine for asbestos work
- Pensioner hit over the head with crowbar
- VIDEO: Thieves raid ‘Aladdin’s cave’ of wine for £20,000 of posh plonk