Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Travellers evicted from Sheepcote Valley move onto Brighton downland
5:30am Thursday 16th January 2014 in News
Travellers have moved onto national parkland north of 19 Acres in Brighton.
About 40 vehicles were reported to have set up an unauthorised encampment on land north of 19 Acres in Dyke Road, Brighton yesterday.
The group is believed to be the one evicted from Sheepcote Valley by Brighton and Hove City Council on Tuesday evening.
Officials believed the group would move into West Sussex, not onto land it owns in the South Downs National Park.
The local authority said it would carry out checks with the police if the group did not move on overnight.
- Caught on camera: Driver's foul-mouthed tirade at Eastbourne cyclist
- Greater Brighton City Deal signed, promising £170m boost for local digital businesses
- Gang of teenagers beat a man unconscious – then stamp on his head
- Sussex father deported because cancer treatment was too expensive
- Air ambulance lands following four-vehicle crash on M23 sliproad