A neighbour came to the rescue after an arsonist soaked a couple’s front door in petrol and set it alight.
The heroic neighbour doused out flames with water after the door of a home in Wayside in the Ifield area of Crawley had been set on fire shortly after 11.30pm on Monday.
Anybody with information about the incident is asked to Sussex Police on 101 quoting serial 1459 13/1.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Motorcyclist injured while trying to complete ice bucket challenge
- Man living in derelict pub: ‘I want to be king of the squatters’
- City is beacon of economic dynamism
- Brighton and Hove restaurants and bars named best in UK
- Rugby World Cup tickets to go on sale next week