A woman was able to escape her home after a fire took hold in her kitchen.
The woman escaped from a flat in Cowley Drive in Woodingdean after a fire at just before 4.30pm this afternoon.
Firefighters from Preston Circus were called to the scene and attended for more than 30 minutes.
Brighton and Hove buses 22 service was diverted while the incident was dealt with.
- Man suffers burn injuries after blaze at Brighton garage
- First step in £35million scheme for Corn Exchange and Studio Theatre
- Guns and machete found in pond by dog
- Pain cured on a limb and a prayer
- Trying to tackle loneliness