A woman was able to escape her home after a fire took hold in her kitchen.
The woman escaped from a flat in Cowley Drive in Woodingdean after a fire at just before 4.30pm this afternoon.
Firefighters from Preston Circus were called to the scene and attended for more than 30 minutes.
Brighton and Hove buses 22 service was diverted while the incident was dealt with.
- Man living in derelict pub: ‘I want to be king of the squatters’
- City is beacon of economic dynamism
- I had to move home because of Tourette’s
- Gatwick in two-horse race for expansion after Boris Island ruled out
- Planning proposal to convert offices into 30 homes