Firefighters had to pump water away from the back garden of a home.
Crew from Eastbourne Fire station were called out at 6.45pm last night to clear away rain water which had gathered in a resident’s garden and was lapping against their house.
The incident was the last call-out for firefighters in East Sussex for more than 12 hours in what fire service staff were calling an “exceptionally quiet” night.
- MP's warning on new 'severe' terror alert
- Company given £15,000 fine for asbestos work
- Pensioner hit over the head with crowbar
- VIDEO: Thieves raid ‘Aladdin’s cave’ of wine for £20,000 of posh plonk
- The light at the end of the childhood leukaemia tunnel