Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Knife attack on Worthing schoolboy was made up, police say
3:37pm Tuesday 21st January 2014 in News
A Worthing schoolboy who claimed he had been attacked by two knife-wielding men on his way to school made the assault up, police said today.
An appeal for suspects was launched earlier this month after the 14-year-old boy reported the fictitious attack.
He said he had been assaulted by two men on Wednesday 8 January between Bulkington Avenue and Henty Road.
Detective Constable Julie Cox said: "Following an investigation it transpires the offence did not take place. The boy has been spoken to about wasting police time."
Comments are closed on this article.