Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Hastings residents treated after flat fire
7:54am Wednesday 22nd January 2014 in News
Residents were evacuated from their homes after fire broke out at a block of flats.
Firefighters were called to Merrimede Close in Hastings at 6.15pm last night after fire broke out in a top floor flat.
Two residents suffering from smoke inhalation were treated with oxygen at the scene while crews using breathing apparatus, a hose reel and foam tackled the blaze and remained on scene for almost three hours.
An East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said the building had been partially evacuated and that damage to the flat was likely to be “extensive”.
- Chaos across Brighton - traffic lights down in Preston Circus
- Lawyers stage strike over cuts to legal aid
- Missing mum hands herself in to police - but children still unaccounted for
- Kebab shops face losing licences for opening up to five hours after closing time
- Missed appointments costing NHS in Sussex millions of pounds
Comments are closed on this article.