Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Rustington drug trafficker sentenced to 14 years in Indonesia jail
8:11am Wednesday 22nd January 2014 in News
A former police community support officer has been jailed for 14 years in an Indonesian jail after pleading guilty to drugs trafficking.
Andrea Waldeck, 43, who used to live in Rustington, received the sentence this morning as well as a $166,000 fine according to the BBC.
The former Gloucestershire Police PCSO had previously pleaded guilty to trafficking drugs worth more than £3,000 into Indonesia’s second-largest city.
Prosecutors had been seeking a 16-year prison term and a fine of around £100,000 after the death penalty was ruled out at a previous hearing as a possible sentence.
- Choccywoccydoodah counts cost of 'out of control' Brighton squat party
- Red and white celebrations for St George's Day
- 61-year-old faces a four-day rainforest trek
- Woman died after running into sea "impulsively"
- Missing Bexhill schoolboy returns home safe
Comments are closed on this article.