A former police community support officer has been jailed for 14 years in an Indonesian jail after pleading guilty to drugs trafficking.
Andrea Waldeck, 43, who used to live in Rustington, received the sentence this morning as well as a $166,000 fine according to the BBC.
The former Gloucestershire Police PCSO had previously pleaded guilty to trafficking drugs worth more than £3,000 into Indonesia’s second-largest city.
Prosecutors had been seeking a 16-year prison term and a fine of around £100,000 after the death penalty was ruled out at a previous hearing as a possible sentence.
- Coach passengers able to walk away from crash with crane on A27
- VIDEO: Madness of man who stops to have his picture taken sat on the edge of 500ft cliff
- Body found on beach not being treated as suspicious
- Two taken to hospital following crash on A27
- Air ambulance called as boy, 12, is knocked over