Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Hampden Park shop badly damaged in fire after electrical fault
7:37am Thursday 23rd January 2014 in News
A convenience store has been badly damaged in a fire following an electrical fault.
Eastbourne firefighters were called to Brassey Parade in Hampden Park after reports of smoke coming from flats at about 1.30am this morning.
The flats were evacuated but on further investigation, crew realised that the fire was coming from the Food and Drink shop below and broke into the building through the shop’s roll-down shutters.
The fire was extinguished using an aerial ladder, breathing apparatus and a hose reel but not before causing considerable damage to the shop and its stock.
Firefighters were at the scene for about 90 minutes.
- Family announce the death of actress Dora Bryan
- Man dies after collapse outside restaurant
- Van driver airlifted to hospital after crash
- Family call for death crash police officer to be sacked
- Council will act over 1,000 name petition on ‘atrocious toilets’
Comments are closed on this article.