The ArgusHampden Park shop badly damaged in fire after electrical fault (From The Argus)

Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.

Hampden Park shop badly damaged in fire after electrical fault

The Argus: Hampden Park shop badly damaged in fire after electrical fault Hampden Park shop badly damaged in fire after electrical fault

A convenience store has been badly damaged in a fire following an electrical fault.

Eastbourne firefighters were called to Brassey Parade in Hampden Park after reports of smoke coming from flats at about 1.30am this morning.

The flats were evacuated but on further investigation, crew realised that the fire was coming from the Food and Drink shop below and broke into the building through the shop’s roll-down shutters.

The fire was extinguished using an aerial ladder, breathing apparatus and a hose reel but not before causing considerable damage to the shop and its stock.

Firefighters were at the scene for about 90 minutes.

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:15pm Thu 23 Jan 14

getThisCoalitionOut says...

I bet that is the shop that is owned by a very dirty looking individual who employs scruffy 16 year old types to do all his heavy work for him.
I bet that is the shop that is owned by a very dirty looking individual who employs scruffy 16 year old types to do all his heavy work for him. getThisCoalitionOut
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree