Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Arsonists target Eastbourne block of flats
7:43am Thursday 23rd January 2014 in News
Residents put out a fire after an arsonist started a blaze outside a block of flats.
Firefighters said an arsonist poured an accelerant outside a block of flats and lit the fuel in Pevensey Road, Eastbourne, at just before 11.30pm last night.
Fortunately by the time crews arrived at the scene moments later residents had poured water on the flames and put the blaze out.
The incident damaged carpet in the entrance hall of the three-storey block of flats but although residents were shook up by the incident, no one suffered any injuries.
Sussex Police are now investigating the incident and anyone with information is asked to call 101.
- Greater Brighton City Deal signed, promising £170m boost for local digital businesses
- 10 signs summer is on its way in Brighton and Hove
- Boy, five, airlifted to hospital after being knocked over by horse
- Agatha Christie whodunnit gremlins leave Eastbourne audience in the dark
- Meet Your Argus - in the pub
Comments are closed on this article.