Residents put out a fire after an arsonist started a blaze outside a block of flats.
Firefighters said an arsonist poured an accelerant outside a block of flats and lit the fuel in Pevensey Road, Eastbourne, at just before 11.30pm last night.
Fortunately by the time crews arrived at the scene moments later residents had poured water on the flames and put the blaze out.
The incident damaged carpet in the entrance hall of the three-storey block of flats but although residents were shook up by the incident, no one suffered any injuries.
Sussex Police are now investigating the incident and anyone with information is asked to call 101.
- Coach passengers able to walk away from crash with crane on A27
- VIDEO: Madness of man who stops to have his picture taken sat on the edge of 500ft cliff
- Body found on beach not being treated as suspicious
- Two taken to hospital following crash on A27
- Air ambulance called as boy, 12, is knocked over