Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Arsonists target Eastbourne block of flats
7:43am Thursday 23rd January 2014 in News
Residents put out a fire after an arsonist started a blaze outside a block of flats.
Firefighters said an arsonist poured an accelerant outside a block of flats and lit the fuel in Pevensey Road, Eastbourne, at just before 11.30pm last night.
Fortunately by the time crews arrived at the scene moments later residents had poured water on the flames and put the blaze out.
The incident damaged carpet in the entrance hall of the three-storey block of flats but although residents were shook up by the incident, no one suffered any injuries.
Sussex Police are now investigating the incident and anyone with information is asked to call 101.
- Eastbourne Pier fire: Detectives treating blaze as suspicious
- Teenager dies after being hit by train
- Cameron tells Eastbourne council: Spend £2 million how you want
- Eastbourne Pier fire: Business owners were uninsured
- Residents association given permission to challenge council over fracking permission
Comments are closed on this article.