A crewman was airlifted tohospital from a boat 20 miles off the coast.
A coastguard helicopter rescued the ailing seaman from a large vessel 20 miles off the Newhaven coast about 9.50pm last night.
The helicopter landed on the ship’s deck and then flew the patient to the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton.
- Teenage burglar convicted for second time in a week
- Stop-smoking figures down year on year
- Motorcyclist who died on the A29 named
- Mother who was drunk whilst looking after her two-year-old son ordered to complete 60 hours of community service
- Water company releases untreated waste water into the sea to prevent widespread flooding