Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
More rain on its way for Sussex this weekend
12:50pm Thursday 23rd January 2014 in News
Sussex is set for another wet weekend as heavy rain and strong winds are forecast for Sunday.
The Met Office has issued a yellow severe weather warning for rain for West Sussex from 6am to 11.45pm.
The meterolgoical group's chief forecaster said: "Another Atlantic frontal system is forecast to cross the UK during Sunday. Rainfall accumulations of over 20 mm are expected in many western parts, with the greatest risk of flooding in southwestern areas along with Northern Ireland.
"Strong winds are also expected. Gales are likely, especially along exposed coasts, with gusts of 50 to 60 mph."
Residents are being warned of the potential of disruption to travel and possible flooding.
- Choccywoccydoodah counts cost of 'out of control' Brighton squat party
- Woman died after running into sea "impulsively"
- Missing Bexhill schoolboy returns home safe
- Green council accused of allowing recycling rates to plummet
- Hygiene blow for restaurant year after rat closure
Comments are closed on this article.