Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Two arrested after police chase for suspected Broadbridge Heath drink drivers
10:43am Friday 24th January 2014 in News
An off-duty police officer helped to capture a man suspected of drink-driving.
The man gave chase after two men fled from a black Volkswagen Golf GTI which crashed into a tree on the side of the A264 in Broadbridge Heath near Horsham at 11.20pm last night.
Police arrested a 23-year-old man from Horsham on suspicion of drink driving and taking a vehicle without consent nearby about 15 minutes later and he was then taken to the East Surrey Hospital in Redhill for treatment to injuries that he had sustained in the collision.
A police helicopter was then brought in and at around 1.25am, a 24-year-old man from Slinfold was also arrested on suspicion of drink driving and taking a vehicle without consent.
He had also been injured in the crash and was taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton for treatment where he remained in hospital overnight.
Anyone who witnessed the crash or who saw the car in the area in the time leading up to it is asked to call Sussex Police on 101 or email email@example.com quoting serial 1461 of 23/01.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Conservatives choose former police chief for Hove MP candidate
- Eastbourne Pier fire: Arcade left gutted by blaze at 140-year-old venue
- Former PCSO found guilty of stealing from passengers at Gatwick Airport
- Man left with cuts and bruises after being attacked in front of his wife and children
- Man left with broken eye socket after being attacked by two men
Comments are closed on this article.