Three people were arrested after armed police fired shots at a car to bring it to a halt.
Officers from the Surrey and Sussex Tactical Firearms Unit stopped the vehicle in London Road, Crawley, at the junction with Fleming Way, during a intelligence-led operation at around 2.15pm today.
Solid shot rounds were fired into the tyres of the vehicle in order to bring it a safe halt.
No other shots were fired and nobody was injured.
One police vehicle and the vehicle stopped were damaged in the incident.
Three people in the vehicle were arrested, one man on suspicion of attempted murder in Hertfordshire and another man and a woman on suspicion of harbouring an offender in relation to the same investigation.
All three are currently in custody at a Surrey Police station.
- Retail giant creates 100 jobs
- Travellers move on to St Helen's Park in Hangleton
- Chancellor announces major theatre boost on Brighton stage
- VIDEO: Nearly 2,000 bottles of wine stolen from Shoreham shop
- Green councillor changes mind on boycott of Israeli good and services