Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Shots fired as three arrested in Crawley
5:54pm Sunday 26th January 2014 in News
Three people were arrested after armed police fired shots at a car to bring it to a halt.
Officers from the Surrey and Sussex Tactical Firearms Unit stopped the vehicle in London Road, Crawley, at the junction with Fleming Way, during a intelligence-led operation at around 2.15pm today.
Solid shot rounds were fired into the tyres of the vehicle in order to bring it a safe halt.
No other shots were fired and nobody was injured.
One police vehicle and the vehicle stopped were damaged in the incident.
Three people in the vehicle were arrested, one man on suspicion of attempted murder in Hertfordshire and another man and a woman on suspicion of harbouring an offender in relation to the same investigation.
All three are currently in custody at a Surrey Police station.
- Greater Brighton City Deal signed, promising £170m boost for local digital businesses
- CCTV captures burglar moments before he stole thousands of pounds worth of gems
- 10 signs summer is on its way in Brighton and Hove
- Boy, five, airlifted to hospital after being knocked over by horse
- Agatha Christie whodunnit gremlins leave Eastbourne audience in the dark
Comments are closed on this article.