Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Sussex singer hob-nobs with the stars
9:30am Monday 27th January 2014 in News
A rock singer met English football’s most successful manager at an exclusive party – but confessed he had no idea who he was.
Railing Stains frontman Bob Vernon Ward found himself at an exclusive party in Barbados, where ex-Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson and his former players Bryan Robson and Norman Whiteside were among the guests.
But the veteran singer did not let his lack of football knowledge get in the way, chatting and joking with the famously fiery Scot before being encouraged to perform a series of classics and his own songs before onlookers.
The singer from Patcham, whose band will perform at Glastonbury this summer, was in the Caribbean promoting his new solo material.
Mr Ward also found himself at the table of comedian Russ Abbot at the exclusive do last week.
- Bottles and paint thrown from squat at Brighton church
- Cyclist fighting for life following Brighton seafront bus shelter crash
- Bradley Murdoch reportedly drops appeal following conviction for murdering Peter Falconio
- Hand grenade discovered in garden
- Brighton and Hove one of UK's least affordable places to live
Comments are closed on this article.