A rock singer met English football’s most successful manager at an exclusive party – but confessed he had no idea who he was.
Railing Stains frontman Bob Vernon Ward found himself at an exclusive party in Barbados, where ex-Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson and his former players Bryan Robson and Norman Whiteside were among the guests.
But the veteran singer did not let his lack of football knowledge get in the way, chatting and joking with the famously fiery Scot before being encouraged to perform a series of classics and his own songs before onlookers.
The singer from Patcham, whose band will perform at Glastonbury this summer, was in the Caribbean promoting his new solo material.
Mr Ward also found himself at the table of comedian Russ Abbot at the exclusive do last week.
- MP's warning on new 'severe' terror alert
- Company given £15,000 fine for asbestos work
- Pensioner hit over the head with crowbar
- VIDEO: Thieves raid ‘Aladdin’s cave’ of wine for £20,000 of posh plonk
- Disappointment as Lancaster is pulled out of show