Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Weather warning as heavy rain showers continue in Sussex
7:43am Tuesday 28th January 2014 in News
A weather warning for heavy rain is in place for Sussex today (Tuesday January 28).
The Met Office has forecast up to 25mm of rain will fall on already saturated land.
The public have been warned to be aware of possible disruption because of localised flooding.
Sussex Police has also warned drivers to be safe on the wet roads this morning.
The force tweeted: "Rain has hit us overnight and roads are wet. Please drive carefully and leave enough distance between vehicles"
The Met Office warning said: "A very unsettled start to this week is expected as an area of low pressure moves slowly southwards across Britain to most likely be centred over the Irish Sea by the end of Tuesday.
"Bands of heavy showers forming on the southern flank of this area of low pressure will stream across much of southern England."
- Choccywoccydoodah counts cost of 'out of control' Brighton squat party
- Fears man found dead in industrial estate 'skip' could have been accidentally crushed after getting in a bin
- Blonde-haired man on bike flashed at 12-year-old
- Police pay tribute to Community Support Officer who has stepped down after a 10 year career
- Man charged with shouting racist abuse at Asian shop staff
Comments are closed on this article.