A weather warning for heavy rain is in place for Sussex today (Tuesday January 28).
The Met Office has forecast up to 25mm of rain will fall on already saturated land.
The public have been warned to be aware of possible disruption because of localised flooding.
Sussex Police has also warned drivers to be safe on the wet roads this morning.
The force tweeted: "Rain has hit us overnight and roads are wet. Please drive carefully and leave enough distance between vehicles"
The Met Office warning said: "A very unsettled start to this week is expected as an area of low pressure moves slowly southwards across Britain to most likely be centred over the Irish Sea by the end of Tuesday.
"Bands of heavy showers forming on the southern flank of this area of low pressure will stream across much of southern England."
- First step in £35million scheme for Corn Exchange and Studio Theatre
- Pain cured on a limb and a prayer
- Police hunt Seaford prowler
- Sussex restaurant named as one of the UK's best in Good Food Guide
- Missing teen returns home