Gale force winds, heavy rain and high tides create 'hazardous' Sussex coastline this weekend (From The Argus)
Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Gale force winds, heavy rain and high tides create 'hazardous' Sussex coastline this weekend
1:33pm Thursday 30th January 2014 in News
The Sussex coastline is set to be battered by winds and rain on Saturday.
Experts are warning of winds of up to 70mph combining with heavy rain and high tides.
The Met Office has issued a severe weather warning for wind as well as rain for the weekend.
It has warned the coast could see overtopping of waves and has said people should be wary of the hazardous conditions.
Up to 40mm of rain is forecast to fall on Friday night and into Saturday morning.
Flooding is likely to occur in areas already saturated by this month's heavy rain.
- Woman who died following 'interaction' with police officers in Brighton named as Kelly Pearson
- Man killed after being struck by train at Moulsecoomb named as Mark Ellis, 29
- Teen who was struck by car on M23 as he fled from police is still critically ill one month on
- The Argus and City College '50 in 5’ apprentices drive nearing target
- Police called to fox pelt draped over Newhaven phonebox
Comments are closed on this article.