Gale force winds, heavy rain and high tides create 'hazardous' Sussex coastline this weekend (From The Argus)
Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Gale force winds, heavy rain and high tides create 'hazardous' Sussex coastline this weekend
1:33pm Thursday 30th January 2014 in News
The Sussex coastline is set to be battered by winds and rain on Saturday.
Experts are warning of winds of up to 70mph combining with heavy rain and high tides.
The Met Office has issued a severe weather warning for wind as well as rain for the weekend.
It has warned the coast could see overtopping of waves and has said people should be wary of the hazardous conditions.
Up to 40mm of rain is forecast to fall on Friday night and into Saturday morning.
Flooding is likely to occur in areas already saturated by this month's heavy rain.
- Father of teenager killed in Syria says he was a "martyr"
- Girl injured after plunging from Worthing seafront fairground ride
- Teenager killed in Syria conflict
- Some homes still without power following accident on the A22
- Preparing to mark 750th battle anniversary
Comments are closed on this article.