The Sussex coastline is set to be battered by winds and rain on Saturday.
Experts are warning of winds of up to 70mph combining with heavy rain and high tides.
The Met Office has issued a severe weather warning for wind as well as rain for the weekend.
It has warned the coast could see overtopping of waves and has said people should be wary of the hazardous conditions.
Up to 40mm of rain is forecast to fall on Friday night and into Saturday morning.
Flooding is likely to occur in areas already saturated by this month's heavy rain.
- Retail giant creates 100 jobs
- Chancellor announces major theatre boost on Brighton stage
- VIDEO: Nearly 2,000 bottles of wine stolen from Shoreham shop
- Green councillor changes mind on boycott of Israeli good and services
- ‘Blinding’ lights disturb families