Gale force winds, heavy rain and high tides create 'hazardous' Sussex coastline this weekend (From The Argus)
Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Gale force winds, heavy rain and high tides create 'hazardous' Sussex coastline this weekend
Updated 1:49pm Thursday 30th January 2014 in News
The Sussex coastline is set to be battered by winds and rain on Saturday.
Experts are warning of winds of up to 70mph combining with heavy rain and high tides.
The Met Office has issued a severe weather warning for wind as well as rain for the weekend.
It has warned the coast could see overtopping of waves and has said people should be wary of the hazardous conditions.
Up to 40mm of rain is forecast to fall on Friday night and into Saturday morning.
Flooding is likely to occur in areas already saturated by this month's heavy rain.
- £7.5m worth of drugs seized on yacht
- Mum died after taking diet pills
- Vandals throw paint mixed with excrement over door
- Man gets head stuck in window after locking himself out
- Drugged driver smashes into another motorist on the wrong side of the road
Comments are closed on this article.