Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Anthony Chase, 66, dies after fire in dentist surgery
A man has died after catching on fire in the waiting room of a dentist.
Anthony Chase, 66, of Grove Road, Chichester, died in Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead, on Wednesday.
Mr Chase was found on fire in the reception area of the surgery in Little London, Chichester, at 3.33pm on Monday, police confirmed.
A Sussex Police statement said: “The fire was small and short-lived and was confined to the man's clothing.
“A post-mortem took place on Thursday, but the exact cause of death awaits a report from the pathologist. However there are no suspicious circumstances and the matter has been left with the coroner's officer.
“An inquest is expected to be formally opened and adjourned next week.”
Would you like to pay tribute to Mr Chase? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are closed on this article.