Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Jury retires in Hove shooting case
The jury has retired to deliberate the verdicts in the case of a man accused of shooting dead a father in the street.
Edmund Nela, 32, of no fixed address, denies murdering Xhem Krasniqi in Selbourne Road, Hove.
Mr Krasniqi, who was living in Kent, died on May 19 in the Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton, hours after he was shot.
Nela also denies the attempted murder of the 31-year-old’s nephew, Kelmed Murataj, and brother, Ismail Zeneli, on May 18.
He denies possessing a firearm, a 9mm pistol, and possessing a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence.
Philip Bennetts (COR), prosecuting, said Nela shot the men following a history of “bad blood” between the families following a boxing match in Brighton Racecourse in February last year.
This view was backed up by both Mr Murataj and Mr Zeneli who, giving evidence, said Nela shot at them as they got out a BMW as they drove along Selbourne Road in May last year.
But Nela, speaking in the dock, said shots were accidentally fired as he tussled with a man who “blocked” him.
He previously told how a day after the shooting, May 19, he sailed from Brighton Marina to France before heading to Brussels and eventually Italy, returning from Milan to Gatwick.
At Gatwick he was arrested.
The trial continues.
Comments are closed on this article.