The ArgusJury in Hove shooting case sent home until Monday when they will carry on considering verdicts (From The Argus)

Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.

Jury in Hove shooting case sent home until Monday when they will carry on considering verdicts

The Argus: VICTIM: Xhem Krasniqi VICTIM: Xhem Krasniqi

The jury has retired until Monday to deliberate the verdicts in the case of a man accused of shooting dead a father in the street.

The jury at Hove Crown Court retired this afternoon in the case of Edmund Nela, 32, of no fixed address.

Nela denies murdering Xhem Krasniqi in Selbourne Road, Hove.

Mr Krasniqi, who was living in Kent, died on May 19 in the Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton, hours after he was shot.

Nela also denies the attempted murder of the 31-year-old’s nephew, Kelmed Murataj, and brother, Ismail Zeneli, on May 18.

He denies possessing a firearm, a 9mm pistol, and possessing a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence.

Philip Bennetts, prosecuting, said Nela shot the men following a history of “bad blood” between the families following a boxing match in Brighton Racecourse in February last year.

This view was backed up by both Mr Murataj and Mr Zeneli who, giving evidence, said Nela shot at them as they got out a BMW as they drove along Selbourne Road in May last year.

But Nela, speaking in the dock, said shots were accidentally fired as he tussled with a man who “blocked” him.

He previously told how a day after the shooting, May 19, he sailed from Brighton Marina to France before heading to Brussels and eventually Italy, returning from Milan to Gatwick.

At Gatwick he was arrested.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree