Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Sussex charity invites Government minister to county's ancient woods
4:00pm Sunday 2nd February 2014 in News
Sussex Wildlife Trust has invited a Government minister to the county to learn about ancient woodlands.
The charity has extended the hand of hospitality to environment minister Owen Paterson for a lesson on biodiversity.
It follows a high- profile interview in which the Conservative MP said losing woodlands could be offset by planting new trees elsewhere.
Charity chief executive Tony Whitbread has also sent Mr Paterson a copy of Dr Patrick Roper’s book Brede High Woods.
- Rail disruption after person hit by train
- Gang steals watch with connection to Auschwitz
- Dora Bryan funeral date set
- Gatwick £250m pledge dismissed as “small bribes”
- Shake-up of hospital services made permanent
Comments are closed on this article.