Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Edmund Nela cleared of murder in Hove shooting trial
2:25pm Monday 3rd February 2014 in News
A man has been cleared of murder and attempted murder today by a jury hearing the case of a double shooting in Hove.
Edmund Nela, 32, of no fixed abode, denied shooting dead Xhem Krasniqi in Selbourne Road, Hove, last May.
He was also charged with shooting the dead man's nephew, Kelmed Murataj, and brother, Ismail Zeleni.
This afternoon, he was cleared of murder, attempted murder, possessing a 9mm pistol, and possessing a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence.
The court had heard the shooting was a result of a history of "bad blood" between the victim and defendant's families following a boxing match at the Brighton Racecourse in February last year.
Mr Murataj and Mr Zeneli said Nela had shot at them as they got out of a BMW.
Mr Zeneli said Nela acted "like an army man" when firing the gun.
But Nela said the shots were accidentally fired as he tussled with a man who "blocked" him.
He was arrested at Gatwick upon his return from Milan.
Comments are closed on this article.