Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Strong winds damage level crossing between Newhaven Harbour and Seaford
Updated 10:59am Wednesday 5th February 2014 in News
UPDATE: Strong winds damaged a level crossing this morning stopping trains running between Newhaven Harbour and Seaford for more than an hour.
Network Rail reported the problem at 7.45am today as high winds blew one of the crossing barriers onto the track near Beachy Road.
Passengers had to use Brighton & Hove Buses instead.
The damage was cleared and the line reopened at about 9am.
- Revealed: The Sussex council cash invested in fracking
- Family call for death crash police officer to be sacked
- Council will act over 1,000 name petition on ‘atrocious toilets’
- Three men in court over £7.5 million cannabis haul
- Cemetery to be ‘closed down’ after maintenance of the site is criticised
Comments are closed on this article.