Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Strong winds damage level crossing between Newhaven Harbour and Seaford
7:57am Wednesday 5th February 2014 in News
UPDATE: Strong winds damaged a level crossing this morning stopping trains running between Newhaven Harbour and Seaford for more than an hour.
Network Rail reported the problem at 7.45am today as high winds blew one of the crossing barriers onto the track near Beachy Road.
Passengers had to use Brighton & Hove Buses instead.
The damage was cleared and the line reopened at about 9am.
- You're hired - The Argus campaign smashes apprenticeships target with 67 youngsters taken on by firms
- Busy junction plunged into darkness due to substation fire
- Two people suffer smoke inhalation after dishwasher fire in Eastbourne
- Fire crews called to burning car in Peacehaven
- Two vans destroyed in suspected arson in Eastbourne
Comments are closed on this article.