Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Strong winds damage level crossing between Newhaven Harbour and Seaford
7:57am Wednesday 5th February 2014 in News
UPDATE: Strong winds damaged a level crossing this morning stopping trains running between Newhaven Harbour and Seaford for more than an hour.
Network Rail reported the problem at 7.45am today as high winds blew one of the crossing barriers onto the track near Beachy Road.
Passengers had to use Brighton & Hove Buses instead.
The damage was cleared and the line reopened at about 9am.
- Fears man found dead in industrial estate 'skip' could have been accidentally crushed after getting in a bin
- Choccywoccydoodah counts cost of 'out of control' Brighton squat party
- Blonde-haired man on bike flashed at 12-year-old
- Police pay tribute to Community Support Officer who has stepped down after a 10 year career
- Man charged with shouting racist abuse at Asian shop staff
Comments are closed on this article.