Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Strong winds damage level crossing between Newhaven Harbour and Seaford
Updated 10:59am Wednesday 5th February 2014 in News
UPDATE: Strong winds damaged a level crossing this morning stopping trains running between Newhaven Harbour and Seaford for more than an hour.
Network Rail reported the problem at 7.45am today as high winds blew one of the crossing barriers onto the track near Beachy Road.
Passengers had to use Brighton & Hove Buses instead.
The damage was cleared and the line reopened at about 9am.
- Fire service deal with chemical incident at Brighton police station
- Bushes to be kept high to hide gay cruising
- Bar's licence under threat after reports of drug use, under-age drinking and sexual assault
- Piano at Brighton station moved - because it is too noisy
- Neighbour asks council to pull down classroom
Comments are closed on this article.