Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Strong winds damage level crossing between Newhaven Harbour and Seaford
Updated 10:59am Wednesday 5th February 2014 in News
UPDATE: Strong winds damaged a level crossing this morning stopping trains running between Newhaven Harbour and Seaford for more than an hour.
Network Rail reported the problem at 7.45am today as high winds blew one of the crossing barriers onto the track near Beachy Road.
Passengers had to use Brighton & Hove Buses instead.
The damage was cleared and the line reopened at about 9am.
- Robber jailed after break-in was transmitted via Xbox
- Family announce the death of actress Dora Bryan
- Man dies after collapse outside restaurant
- Van driver airlifted to hospital after crash
- Family call for death crash police officer to be sacked
Comments are closed on this article.