A cyclist has suffered serious leg and head injuries after a suspected hit-and-run in Bognor.
The 45-year-old male was rushed to Southampton General Hospital after the incident which took place about 5.30am today.
The collision happened near to Kwik Fit in Shripney Road in Bognor as the car and cyclist travelled northbound but the car did not stop.
- Retail giant creates 100 jobs
- Chancellor announces major theatre boost on Brighton stage
- Nearly 2,000 bottles of wine stolen from Shoreham shop
- Green councillor changes mind on boycott of Israeli good and services
- ‘Blinding’ lights disturb families
A 30-year-old man from Bognor was later found and arrested for causing serious injury by dangerous driving and failing to stop and report a road collision.
The road is currently closed northbound from Orchard Road roundabout while emergency services are on scene. The road will hopefully be reopened within the hour.
Anyone who saw what happened is asked to contact police on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Operation Milltown.