Cyclist suffers serious injuries in suspected hit-and-run in Bognor, A29 closes as a result (From The Argus)
Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Cyclist suffers serious injuries in suspected hit-and-run in Bognor, A29 closes as a result
9:50am Wednesday 5th February 2014 in News
A cyclist has suffered serious leg and head injuries after a suspected hit-and-run in Bognor.
The 45-year-old male was rushed to Southampton General Hospital after the incident which took place about 5.30am today.
The collision happened near to Kwik Fit in Shripney Road in Bognor as the car and cyclist travelled northbound but the car did not stop.
- Fears man found dead in industrial estate 'skip' could have been accidentally crushed after getting in a bin
- Choccywoccydoodah counts cost of 'out of control' Brighton squat party
- Blonde-haired man on bike flashed at 12-year-old
- Police pay tribute to Community Support Officer who has stepped down after a 10 year career
- Man charged with shouting racist abuse at Asian shop staff
A 30-year-old man from Bognor was later found and arrested for causing serious injury by dangerous driving and failing to stop and report a road collision.
The road is currently closed northbound from Orchard Road roundabout while emergency services are on scene. The road will hopefully be reopened within the hour.
Anyone who saw what happened is asked to contact police on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Operation Milltown.
Comments are closed on this article.